Friday, November 7, 2008

Odd names




I drove up to a city called Grevenbroich yesterday to spend the day at a new client to attend some meetings. Most Germans would have taken the train system as it is economical and easy to use. But I haven't done so yet and didn't want to do it early on a morning when I HAD to be there for a 10 am meeting. So I drove, which resulted in my windshield getting cracked by a damn rock. But that is not the story here. As I approached Köln (Cologne to Americans), I passed a bus (see picture above). It just made me laugh...It is indeed a true bus company and has been around for many years...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have tears running down my face. Those Germans and their silly names! There is a German wind energy company that unfortunately showed up to this year's American Wind Energy Association Conference with a large booth prominently displaying their name: FAG.

    I tried to score one of their hats or t-shirts, but funny, they were snapped up awfully fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my high school students would fall over laughing (and maybe, if i were lucky, completely pass out) if they saw a bus like this.

    i had a good giggle, too.

    maybe that's why i teach high school ;)

    got to your blog through above jenny. i like hearing a man's perspective. i'm sending your blog to my husband.

    ReplyDelete